Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day Six

One got stuck between two walls today, must have fallen from the nest mama cat had made.  Two more fell a long way down... landed on a pile of leaves behind the hot water heater.  The stuck one decided to squeak for help, sounded like a hybrid between a cat and a mouse.  The two decided to sleep behind the hot water heater; they were hidden by the leaves in the corner.

I went out to do laundry this morning, knew I had found the mouse that we'd been hearing from our bedroom.  It sounded muffled from our room.  Now it wasn't.  It was clear, got louder and more insistent when I opened the door.  I looked up above the washing machine and saw gray hair poking out from behind a piece of plywood.  I freaked out, knowing I'd found the mouse, waited for Justin to come home to "take care of our mouse."  It squeaked all morning, I could hear it through the walls of the house.

Justin got home before me.  When I pulled into the driveway he was sitting on the porch with the "mouse" in his hands.  I knew it wasn't a mouse... but what was it!?

enter: kitten #1

Two hours later after driving around trying to find a vet or rescue to take the kitten, we returned home with kitten formula and a box.  Went back to look for the mama...

enter: kittens #2 and #3

...We put the box in our guest bedroom, away from our big cats, hoping they will make it through the night, the first night.

No comments:

Post a Comment